giovedì 14 ottobre 2010

Decompression and compression on Megaman X

Yes, I've implement the compression on Megaman X! Now if you edit the layout of levels or edit compress tiles, you can save and re-compress them. I think that the big work was done and now I have only tod find a way (this will be easy :P) to reallocate compress data. The compressor of Level Layout work perfectly and the GFX compressor compress the tiles but the result take more space than the original :\ for example the original compressed tiles of Highway Stage is 14.031 bytes and mine is 15.900. I know how to fix this, I need of some minutes only.

YEAH, Blue Highway Stage XD

NEWS: Now my compressed tiles are 14.031, equal to the original size =3

5 commenti:

  1. You're awesome Xeeynamo. I have been following you ever since you began work on the megaman x editor.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Thanks for support Goodfella :)

    RispondiElimina
  3. I read this and almost literally jumped in joy. This progress is amazing and I'm excited for the outcome of this fantastic editor :3 Keep up the great work Xeeynamo, you're a hero for doing this!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Are you going to be making other editors for other games when you're through with the megaman x games?

    RispondiElimina
  5. I don't know... There are a lot of games that I want to make an hacking tool (Megaman X4-X5-X6, Zero1-Z2-Z3-Z4, ZX, ZXA, Sonic 1-2-3-K-CD, Castlevania SOTN and some others) but I'm not planning anything for now

    RispondiElimina