Hey guys, today I want to show you some progress on MegaED X. Do you remember the old version of MMXE? Well, I don't know how peoples know this but I'm rewriting the editor in C++. The advantages? Well, the previous platform that I used was .Net Framework 2.0 using C# as language program. I don't think that .Net languages or Java are rubbish, they are good language programs that offer simply ways to do everything in few minutes but NOT if someone search speed, accuracy and flexibility. I think that softwares like ROM hacking tools need to be written to low/mid-level language program like C and this was my choice. I had to study WinAPIs to learn how to work dialogs controls and other stuff and I'm working a lot on rendering engine. After some pauses and some incentives my first rom hacking tool was born in C++ with speed improvements that see more 800%+ than previous version. I've implemented new stuff like level background viewer, tiles and palette dynamics and the detection of game font that is need for print informations during the use of the editor. I've rewritten also the rendering engine on last week, getting other speed improvements (before to load for example Highway Stage was need 1.5 seconds, now 0.2, for Armored Armadillo 3.8 seconds and with the new rendering engine only 0.5 seconds). Now I have to rewrite map/block/scene editor with the new rendering engine (take 15 minutes), more debug info (that I've hide from screens), tile editor (I need to do a thing similar to Sprite Editor of MMXE) and then... Maybe on layout editor, with reallocations of pointers and other stuff that it's required for edit compressed stuff.
Here some screenshots (note the airship on 3th picture o_O):